Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ninjas vs Zombies

I decided my blog has been a little dry this year, so I'm trying to do exciting things in my life to spice it up. Tell me how I'm doing ;)

To begin, I received my very first lesson on how to drive stick shift from this lovely girl, Jennifer! She's going to be my roommate next semester, and I'm kind of a lot excited. I didn't stall for the first 15 minutes of driving, and in an hour session, I only stalled thrice. I still don't trust it. Maybe I'll be able to drive in the future, but for now I know that at least I can get a stick shift moving!


I also am extremely close to my goal this year of doing a 5k. Why's that, Kelene? Well, because I accidentally became a runner. I've been cross-training for a few weeks now (because I thought I hated running) but then came my run day. And 1-2 miles just isn't a workout. So I found a nice route that was 3.17 miles around campus and I just thought to myself, "Meh, I'll run what I can, walk the rest". Obviously I don't have much confidence in my physical capabilities. 

Well, I began my run, going at a very comfortable pace. And I ran the whole way. It was not nearly as hard as I thought. If I pushed myself I probably could have run it again. Right then. But I didn't think I should over-do it (even though I'm barely sore today) and I, for the first time in my life, got a runner's high. Wow. Wow. 

As T Harm said, I've got the bug. 

We're doing a 5k next weekend =D
---
For the last few weeks there has been this poster up about "The Last Night on Campus". It's a sort of Zombie choose-your-own-adventure. And finally I decided to do some research. $3, a fun adventure, the possibility to win prizes, and all-you-can-eat Buffalo Wild Wings.

Umm... yes.

So I put together my elite team. 
Me, Taylor, Jordan, Larissa, Nate. 
And if you know me at all, you know I don't do things half-way. So we dressed up.
As ninjas.








We didn't end up winning (which was terribly sad), but at one point we did have 7 weapons, which was pretty cool. We were only 3 or 4 steps from the end before we succumbed to the disease. 

But because we were so dang cool we won a $20 gift card to WalMart, for best style. 
Let's be honest, you just can't top ninjas!


And after a very long wait (that, to be honest, was completely worth it) we got our Wild Wings.




On the way home from stuffing ourselves silly, we approached Cold Stone. 
Kelene: Does anyone want Cold Stone?
Everyone: ...Are you serious? .... umm...
Kelene: MAKE A DECISION.
Everyone: TURN!!!

And then we got Cold Stone. Because staying up late and unhealthy is a requirement after a stressful week.

Then we played Nerts and watched Frozen, because that's what cool people do.
And let's be honest,
We're pretty dang cool.



1 comment:

  1. It appears that as the semesters progress the stress progresses and forces you to find more creative ways to de-stress. Either that or you're just way too cool to let stress get you down. Glad you guys are having fun. Love to hear about these adventures.

    ReplyDelete