Now now now, I know it's been a while, but until spring break happened there wasn't much to talk about.
You know, aside from me going to my first USU basketball game!!!
It was rather exciting. I screamed a lot. I did not check my religion at the door (thanks Elder Holland!) haha.
And sometimes my wonderful friend Katrina invites me to go eat food with her and she brings me things that will make me laugh.
Like this lemon tart with Bonjour written in jelly across the top.
It's the little things.
I also participated in the musical number for Stake Conference with these lovely folks. We sang Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd.
And for the first time this semester I went to Beto's, accompanied by Amanda. For those who don't know, it's like Filiberto's back home. So I get my nostalgic fast food delicious Mexican food, even in Logan.
I went to another performance with Kira. This time it was West Side Story. Terrible show, in my opinion. The acting and performance itself was splendid, but it was gritty and dark and I don't like Romeo and Juliet anyways.
But now I finally know where "Maria, Maria, Mariiiiiaaaa" comes from!
Now we head into spring break. To kick things off, I've been trying to get into hiking shape for Angels Landing, apparently a big and scary hike of Utah. So Taylor and I went on an adventure.
We were looking for the Wind Caves Hike, but hadn't been since our first week of college. So we parked where we thought it was and looked for a trailhead. We found something vaguely promising and started up.
In 30 feet...
In 30 feet...
Kelene: I don't think this is Wind Caves
In 50 feet...
Taylor: I don't think this is a trail
We pressed forward anyway.
We climbed that entire mountain without a trail. It was absolutely amazing. And we found quite a few bones. And what may or may not have been an animal den.
But we conquered that mountain. Indubitably. And I'll be the first to admit that getting down is a lot harder than getting up. But we conquered. Came to win!!!
-----
And now we head into Spring Break! These were the wonderful people who kept us company the first two days:
(Elisabeth, Kira, Tanner)
(Nic, Larissa, Chris)
(Kelene, Taylor, Jessica)
(Enoch and Eric)
We spent the day driving and eating and playing in the park, lava monster and the states game, swinging, joking and overall having a grand old time.
But the real fun started that night
(To be continued)
















No comments:
Post a Comment