Friday, May 3, 2013

The End (for now)

So it might have been forever since I blogged. And I kept putting it off because nothing was happening... then everything seemed to happen at once! 

Well, some Saturday in April there was once a Bridal Fair. And it ended up morphing into a massive girl's day! 

Here is Me, Carolle, Amanda, Rachel, and Janessa (getting free Gelatos!)
 And my favorite wedding picture I saw there. 

The magical pool table. The balls just happened to align in the perfect smiley face. It makes my day every single time I see this picture!


And my mother was a saint and bought me super delicious food to share with my friends, so I made fajitas. (And green chili, and tacos)


And then, to celebrate the end of the year, USU invited HE IS WE to come and perform for us!!! Taylor and I were CRAZY excited. 


This was what the auditorium looked like half an hour before.


Tay and I were lucky enough to go down on the floor and party with them!


End pictures from Part One.
-------------

I also went on a date this last week! (I asked him) it was a double date with my roommate, and we did a photo scavenger hunt.







Basically it was super fun. We got Froyo after and then we all may have stayed up until 5 am talking. It's college. All sense has gone.

End pictures from Part Two
---------

And what kind of semester would it be if our friend group didn't CLEAN THE SINK? WHICH WE TOTALLY DID. 

And Taylor (boy) finally converted me to Mello Yello after this entire year. That stuff is a drug. And if you notice Cole in the background, you'll see that finals week made everyone crack. No really. We all went insane, it was awesome.


For example, proper, serious, (sometimes) goofy Taylor actually said "Come at me, bro" to me. We all died a little inside.


I also finally disclosed the happiness that is "Sad Duck". 


Taylor cracked. She jumped in my empty laundry basket and started scooting down the hall. Though I didn't manage to capture a picture of her trying to ride a longboard while in it.


I made a new wallet! I basically love it.


My friends and I got Aggie Ice Cream one last time before school ended.  


Tulips :) I love them.


and I said goodbye to my bestest friend up here, Taylor Harman. She's basically awesome. And goes to the temple with me. And makes me laugh. And I'm going to miss her.


End pictures from Part Three.
-----

Life is grand, isn't it? 
I wrote something in my journal the other day (and by other day I mean my last night up in Logan) that I'd like to share. Sorry for the long post:

WHAT I LEARNED IN MY FIRST YEAR AT COLLEGE:
I learned that hobbies can be a lifesaver
I learned that friends can lift you out of darkness
I learned that all it takes is a word
I learned that TV shows are a waste of time
I learned that a large group of friends can be difficult
I learned that there are different kinds of love
I learned that not only is love multi-dimensional, it is infinite-dimensional
I learned that the gospel is everything
I learned that Christ cares for me, personally
I learned that I can do better. Always. But I am doing pretty good
I'm learning that I can accept the love Christ offers me
I'm learning to see my faults
I'm learning to change them
I learned that studying is actually important
I learned that you need to have a passion
I learned to make friends
I learned to keep them
I learned how important family is
I learned that relationships are hard, but they can work
I learned about the pure perfection of the Atonement
I learned that it is oh so very personal
I learned the value of righteous priesthood holders and how much I take them for granted
I learned that I should take them more for granted
I learned that people rise to your expectations
I learned the value of prayer
I'm learning to look for the best in people
I'm learning how beautiful the scriptures truly are
I learned that God is merciful and He wants me to succeed
I learned I am afraid of failing Him
I learned that Christ will make up for my failings
I learned to appreciate being happy
I learned that life is glorious and miraculously wonderful in every way. In every second. In every instant.




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've learned a lot this year. Congratulations! There's a lot more to learn but you've made a super good start. I loved this blog and all the fun pictures. Thanks for sharing your wonderful life with us!

    ReplyDelete