Do you know what is an extremely strange feeling? A sibling getting married. I'm still in denial that there is an Annie Ouzts in the world! All the same, I am incredibly happy for her and I loved coming down to Arizona for her wedding.
I was sad I could not go in to the temple with her though. Someday we'll go together. When I'm in 'the club'. Sooo, instead of going in I hung out with all the nieces and nephews and cousins and various other family members. And I'd like to introduce you all to two well-dressed gents.
One is totally a hipster (I wear your granddad's clothes. I look incredible)::
The other is basically a mob boss.
Now, because my sister's wedding got moved to May 4th (on my account! Thank you Annie for not making me come the week before finals!) her photo booth had a few... props =D The first picture is my 'scary face' and the second picture was my personal favorite. Bring on the force!
And I got to see some lovely and wonderful friends of mine: Rachel, Marie, and Olivia. We're kind of nuts.
No pictures of the bride. Olivia was in charge of that. I don't want to have to compare phone pictures with official photography ;)
The rest of the week was just lovely. I went swimming, went on bike rides, read wonderful books, hung out with wonderful people, and soaked in Arizona.
It really was too soon to say goodbye when I came back to Utah. But then I walked into my new apartment. BAM!
It is ENORMOUS. I feel as though I am living in an actual apartment. I might have a bit of agoraphobia though. The large space is intimidating! I can spin around in the middle of the room and it doesn't bother anyone because the living room area is literally as large (if not larger) than the lounge in Moen!
Speaking of Moen, all of my friends have gone home aside from Rachel (thank goodness for her!). I had an incredibly sad moment when I was just sitting on my couch and I looked up, thinking to myself, "I should go out in the lounge to see if any of my friends are there!"
But I didn't. Because I knew they wouldn't be there.
I guess I just need to make new friends :)
My final news, however, is pretty exciting. It really made me feel like summer was really here.
*drumroll please*
I planted a garden!
I'll keep you updated on its progress.
I know it is itty bitty, but I love it. I have growing in it tomatoes, strawberries (!!!), cilantro, basil, and green onions. I've never grown strawberries in my life; I haven't even had fresh off the vine strawberries. I am so excited.
Do you know the best bit about gardening? That beautiful loamy fresh dirt smell that just encompasses you. And you feel down to earth and real. I love it so much.
Anyway. That was my past week.
Kelene out~
PS- Imma G










No comments:
Post a Comment