Sunday, February 3, 2013

Questions, Part IX

41. What would you be happy doing for hours on end?
     This is an easy one. Reading. I can read for an impressive number of hours on end. I honestly don't have a record (I should start keep track of it, though). My most memorable was the night I got Harry Potter 7. I read it in 8 hours straight :D

42. What is your favorite olympic event?
     Oh um... I'm not huge into sports, but I definitely love everything gymnastics. It is awe-inspiring to see what can be accomplished with the human body.


43. Would you rather be blind or deaf?
     I thought for a long time I'd rather be blind, and then I wobbled over to deaf, but I think I'm back to blind. Really it's the question would you rather learn to read again or learn to talk again? Because blind would require reading braille (and learning how to get around with no sight), but being deaf requires you to learn ASL. And anyone you want to communicate with. Not to mention you'd sing terribly (which would be so sad). So blind. It is much more difficult in the immediateness of it all, but deafness is so much more broad.

45. What food do you HATE?
     Haha, I love most foods, but there are a few I can't stand. Seafood is one, unfortunately. Basically anything that came from the water I don't like. I'll eat it if I'm starving, but if I have a choice... no thank you. Also mushrooms. I don't even know why. I just think they are nasty. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal either, but that one I can stomach every once in a while.

45. What is one thing you admire about your mother (or mother figure)?
     I'm not going to name one. That would be impossible. And you wouldn't get a real grasp of how amazing my mother is. She is kind and compassionate. She is incredibly in-tune with the spirit. She is quirky and crazy. She has a wild sense of humor. She is genuine. She believes in second chances. She knows how to love unconditionally. She is so generous. She is dedicated; to her marriage, to her children, to her church. She loves to read and she loves to cook (and experiment, haha). She forgives. She is... a mother. And I love her for it.

     

1 comment:

  1. Why thank you very much. I love you too!

    I would choose to be blind because there are books of CD and due to genetics I have a very real chance of being deaf someday.

    ReplyDelete