Monday, December 9, 2013

Finals are Fast-Approaching

Happy Finals Week!

Let's rewind for a second. Last Tuesday, Hannah put on a Hanukkah Party! It was actually really cool! We had some traditional dishes, heard some stories, and played Dreidel.




I've also been going to Spanish Club (hey, I need the extra credit!) and this last time we made a PIÑATA!




And this is my amazing Spanish buddy, Daniela. She may be the reason I'm doing so well.


And, of course, what would one of my blog posts be without my best friend? We went to another jazz night, but this one was weird and a bit snooty.


But we got lemon cake and créme brûlée!


and we took some time out of dead week to go swing dancing. 


I was able to see my incredible first counselor, Stephanie, dance like a professional.


Then on Saturday I hosted a homemade pizza party in Reeder. I made 16 pizza doughs, a quadruple batch of eggnog, and homemade pizza sauce! It turned out amazing. But unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the actual party.


But may we take a moment to celebrate finding the perfect ugly sweater?


Now, on Sunday we wanted to have group scripture study, because we'd been slacking a bit lately, but the lounge was occupied, so we had a totally awesome, somewhat ghetto study in the boiler room!
(From left to right: Chris, Larissa, Jessica, Taylor)


And we watched the Christmas Devotional together!


Now it is finals week. And I have wonderful family who sends me strengthening packages in the mail.



Chocolate covered coconut, mixed nuts, chocolate milk, oatmeal, hot chocolate, cider, Emergen-C, biscuits, and Lindor chocolates!


Other things that happened recently:
- I played Betrayal at House on the Hill (which may be my new favorite game. I want it.)
- I finished my entire Corporate Finance Textbook
- I stayed up until 6:30 for no reason
- I was in a barefoot-in-the-snow contest with Taylor and after 10 minutes we called it a draw
- I participated in my ward choir Christmas program (a.k.a the best choir in the stake)
- I made my first solo batch of caramel apples at Cold Stone
- I drove in full on snow for the first time
- The Relief Society took cookies to the Elder's Quorum to thank them for being amazing priesthood holders and to wish them a Merry Christmas
-The Elder's Quorum returned the favor by singing us a Christmas Carol at the end of our lesson, then singing "Once There was a Snowman", actions and all.
- I got tackled into the snow after throwing a snowball (Let's be honest, I was asking for it)

Life! It's happening!
Good Luck on Finals!




No comments:

Post a Comment