Saturday, June 8, 2013

Diary of a Cold Stone Creamery Crew Member I

4 June 2013
Today was my first official day as a Cold Stone Creamer worker. We mostly talked the first hour or two, got things set up, took a few tours of the work environment, then... to the stone! I'm learning to scoop the different sizes, portioning mix-ins and making signature creations.

Now, keep in mind that as a worker here, I need to know what is good. I need to try all the creations and be able to put my input in for each type, as well as experiment with different ones. It is for this reason that I get one free "Like It" size each and every shift I work. Um... I'm going to get fat. I really need to work out and eat super healthy the rest of the time to offset this! Haha.

So, Day 1. Birthday Cake Remix, signature creation. Cake Batter Ice-cream with fudge, sprinkles and brownie. Verdict? DELICIOUS. I love it so much. Oh my goodness, I was not expecting it to be that delicious. It was amazing.

5 June 2013
No work today. So I worked out, hahaha. I looked up the ice-cream/mix-ins for the Birthday Cake Remix. 630 Calories. For a Like It. I need to work out majorly if I'm going to maintain my delicate figure through this job!

Also, found out I am scheduled to work 25 hours next week! Holla!

6 June 2013
Training today. Learned to make cupcakes and to be nice to customers, haha! I also learned to take cake orders and was instilled with the desire to order a custom cake with "Bridge Lyfe 4 Eva" on it. Someday I will do it :D Or I'll get one of my friends to, which would be freaking hilarious.
Pulling-wise, I got 2/6 pulls within 1/2 ounce. My goal by the end of the month is to regularly getting no less than 3/6 correct pulls for weigh-ins.

Today I tried "The Pie Who Loved Me". Cheesecake ice-cream, fudge, graham cracker pie crust, and oreo. Really good, but a bit more of a subtle flavor. Good for days when you want something tasty, but not overwhelming.

8 June 2013
Last day of training! It was so freaking hilarious. Jordan was the only one training us (sans Josh) and it was just funny. We learned about Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Waffle-products, Shakes and Smoothies, Hot Stone, and the register. For some reason, everything Jordan was doing was  SO FUNNY and Nancy and I were trying to hold it in. At one point though, ice-cream from Jordan's scooper went flying through the ghea, and the two of us couldn't hold it in. We were laughing uncontrollably for a good two minutes. We literally had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard. I felt bad for Jordan, because it really wasn't a big deal, but it was just SO FUNNY for SOME reason!

I also helped my frist official customer! We made a Chocolate Lava Cake, because we had just barely practiced it. So fun.

For my take home, I got a Mango-Pineapple smoothie with an anti-oxidant mix-in. 330 calories (lunch, haha). Not the biggest fan. It's a little heavy on the pineapple. Not bad for something actually healthy at ColdStone.

My first real day of work is on Wednesday at 8pm. Wish me luck! :D

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, we'll have to work out together in the fall! You can offset the ice cream, and i'll just turn into a health nut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extremely yummy post. I wish we had a cold stone in Safford!

    ReplyDelete