Friday, January 18, 2013

Questions, Part VIII

 36. What is your favorite verse(s) of the Scriptures?  Why?
       Enos 1:27. It was my favorite the first time I read it, and I'm not really sure why. Here it is:
                          "27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen."
     I mean. It is such an eloquently beautiful verse. Enos is at peace with his creator. He is rejoicing that he may now return home, and meet his Father. It is a verse of unparallelled peace, and fills me with such each and every time I read it.
 
37. What do you enjoy doing on a rainy day?
     Ah, rainy days. A hold-back from my childhood in Arizona is that I get positively delighted when it rains. It's such a magical thing, and all it makes me want to do is curl up next to a fireplace and read. Which I do, when I can. If I can't, I walk around with my biggest umbrella, smiling like an idiot.

38. What do you look forward to the most?
      Probably being a Wife and Mother. Is it getting boring that I keep saying that? I know it is incredible hard and both require an immense amount of work (in infinite ways) but I really look forward to it. I want to measure up. I want to take all of my fears and insecurities and throw them away and in twenty or thirty years look back and realize that I was just fine. I can be a good mother. I can be a good spouse. I'll make mistakes, but I'm beginning to realize that I can be incredible. In anything that I choose. And I choose this.

39. How much sleep do you need?

        Trick question. I have no idea how much sleep I need, but I usually want 8 hours. If I decide I need sleep, heaven help you if you keep me awake. Its terrible that I'm a light sleeper, with this attitude, but luckily I've adjusted to earplugs, haha. 

40. What do you believe to be your spiritual gifts?

      Spiritual question day, huh?  Well, It talks about spiritual gifts in Moroni 10, 1 Cor. 12, and D&C 46. I've read them before, of course. Something that hit me in a read-thorough was this statement: 
   "13 To some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that he was crucified for the sins of the world. 14 To others it is given to believe on their words, that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful. "
     I don't get impressions and promptings (so far as I can consciously tell). I have never heard the 'voice' of the Holy Ghost. I've had one instance in my life where I just knew, but never before or after that. But what I do have is the gift to believe. I know that the history of Joseph Smith is true and correct, not because I have had personal revelation telling me so, but because I believe those who have had it. I cannot accept that they would lie, just to fool me. I believe on their words, and if that is acceptable to my Lord, than it is perfectly fine with me.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much Kelenie!! You're amazing and I love your testimony. Did you listen to the CES broadcast on Sunday, though? Elder Uchtdorf encouraged everyone to KNOW for themselves. I'd encourage you to keep striving for it, too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! And what an amazing thing to know what you want. I love you always!




    ReplyDelete